Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 8 - 14th Dec, 2010

Had a day without the eldest today - she was off at day care which was nice. It gave me time to get a few things done around the house, get on with my business and a little bit of Christmas shopping too. It also meant that I could spend a bit more one-on-one time with Anneliese. Mind you changing nappies at 3am and helping my wife with the breast feeding is plenty one-on-one. I think not having to worry about 2 kids for a few hours is (daycare) money well spent.

In terms of early learning nothing new to report. We gave Anneliese some tummy time to help her with her neck development and displayed some monochromatic pictures to help with her visual development.

For those who are interested I have attached my first powerpoint presentation which is basic shapes in black on white. I will create a reverse of this in the next day or so. I will start using this on Anneliese tomorrow. The plan is to keep at it for 1 week and then change to the reverse. There is no theory behind this, other than repetition. As she gets older these slide shows will get more complicated and detailed - program like Tweedlewink, Baby Signing Time, etc...




My wife also found an interesting article on early learning from a dad's perspective. It is written by Larry Sanger, one of the co-founders of Wikipedia. An interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment