Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 2 - Dec 8th, 2010

A bit tired today. I got about 4 -5 hours sleep but it was broken up pretty heavily. With Anneliese waking for feeds, then getting too cold because my wife needed the room temp really low (I had three blankets and was fully clothed in bed and was still cold!) and therefore not sleeping after her 3am feed, and nurses coming in and out to do various tests I feel rooted. It is now 8pm and I see an early night for me.

Today was about getting the routine going with the new daughter and then spending time with the eldest so she doesn’t feel left out. The early learning for today was fairly simple – reversing the images that we have set up around her. We are using a fold-out book called 'Black & White' by Tama Hoban which has been great. We used it with the eldest too. I also spent time with the youngest today getting her to grip my finger and talking/singing (badly) to her so she can get used to my voice. She can definitely track to a familiar sound, albeit without much muscle control.
The other thing I did today was ensure that I was wearing the same coloured shirt that I had on yesterday (red). I did this because I had to leave the youngest and thought that the colour (shading) of my clothing might offer some consistency and therefore familiarity to her. Not sure if it worked, but them seems no harm in trying. Of course she can’t see colour yet, but certainly shades of grey, which is how red mostly likely appears to her at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment